- 1939 Wilhelm Reinhardt started the RAS organisation as a mechanical workshop.
- 1946 Production of fabrication machine tools starts in Sindelfingen.
- 1947 A large factory extension is set up on additionally purchased land.
- 1948 Company structure is changed to limited company (GmbH).
- 1949 Production starts in the new plant in Sindelfingen. First folding machine.
- 1954 Introduction of the first hydraulic driven folding machine (electro-mechanically controlled)
- 1955 RAS trademark is registered.
- 1961 Managing director Willy Stahl sen. joins the company.
- 1964 25 year anniversary of suscessful operation.
- 1966 Construction is started on the Effringen production facility.
- 1968 Introduction of the worldwide first NC-controlled folding machine.
- 1970 Sindelfingen plant expands.
- 1972 Showoom in Sindelfingen is built.
- 1977 RAS awarded with the IHM Munich Gold metal.
- 1978 Extension of the Effringen plant.
- 1980 RAS training center for young people is completed.
- 1981 Wilhelm Reinhardt, founder of the company, passed away. His son Rolf and Willy Stahl sen. continue the company.
- 1985 Rolf Reinhardt dies and ownership has been taken over by Willy sen. and Waltraud Stahl.
- 1990 First son Willy Stahl joins the company.
- 1990 Introduction of the first fully automated MULTIBEND-CENTER.
- 1992 Start of a sales and service company in the US.
- 1993 Second son Rainer Stahl joins the company.
- 1995 New US headquarter opens in Peachtree City (Atlanta), Georgia.
- 1997 US company structure and name changed to RAS Systems LLC
- 1998 2500 sqm assembly extension building started.
- 1999 Presentation of the worldwide first folding center for long parts.
- 2000 Opening ceremony for the extended assembly, the showroom and the seminar area. Presentation of the worldwide first self learning Swaging machine.
- 2001 Technology center extension started.
- 2002 RAS introduces the GIGAbend folding system and the RAS 79.22-2 MULTIBEND-CENTER.
- 2004 RAS presents a high speed punching center from coil (SpeedPunch) and an integrated robotic folding system (ROBObend-Center).
- 2004 Presentation of a new flanging machine.
- 2004 Introduction of a new rounding machine for the aircon industry RAS VENTIrounder
- 2005 Presentation of a new lock-forming machine RAS SpeedySeamer
- 2006 Introduction of UpDownBend folding system
- 2006 Move and extension of sawing center to Effringen factory
- 2008 RAS presents another world premiere: the RAS MiniBendCenter
- 2008 Extension started in component factory Effringen
- 2010 Inauguration of the first two halls in Effringen. Investment in a new plasma cutting machine and a welding robot.
- 2010 Introduction of the RAS XL-Center with automatic part programming.
- 2011 Investment in a powder coating system for sheet metal and machine bodies. Purchase of new machining centers.
- 2011 Willy Stahl sen. celebrates his 50th anniversary at RAS and receives the Staufer Medal from his hometown state Baden-Wuerttemberg.
- 2011 RAS inaugurates the new office building in Effringen.
- 2012 Introduction of the semi-automated folding center RAS UpDownCenter. The XXL-2 starts with 8 meter working length.
- 2013 The one-click programming software reduces the programming effort for folded parts to a single mouse click.
- 2014 RAS celebrates its 75th anniversary with a jubilee ceremony on Sept 12, 2014. The Profile Center revolutionized the production of profiles such as door frames.
RAS - Data
RAS Reinhardt Maschinenbau GmbH
Willy Stahl sen.
VAT No.: DE 145 169 859
Commercial Register: HRB 240228
at Distrikt Court Stuttgart