Bending up and down
The RAS UpDownBend bends up and down. With its height axis the folding beam can pass already bent flanges with a length of 150 mm.
- No material flipping needed
- Easy and fast operation
- Short cycle times
Telescopic gauging system
The unique telescopic gauging system automatically adjusts to the actual bending situation.
Telescope pushed together:
- Bending of small / narrow parts
- Operation close to the bend line
- Ergonomic working position
Telescope pulled out:
- Bending of large parts
- Part weight fully supported
- Power saving operation
The UpDownBend uses the RAS patented beam-in-beam design. With this design the folding beam almost does not deflect when loaded by the bending force.
- Straight bend without a need for adjustments
- No crowning system needed
- Additional use: folding beam can be used as a stop
- Bending of inclined blanks
Variety of tools
Ideally, all parts can be bent with a single set of tools. Which tool suits best depends on the box height, the material thickness and the tool geometry requirement.
- Upper beam tools with/without heel
- Tool set with basic segments, adapters and corner tools
- Upper beam tools up to 300 mm in height
- Folding beam tools for different Z dimensions
Universal machine control
The control can be supplied built in a moveable console or for optimized accessibility or for maximum access added to a swivel arm. The workshop-oriented programming software includes a large range of functions.
- Drawing the shape of the part with the finger
- Usually program will be automatically created
- Technological tables (angle correction / blank calculation)
- Software shows program, finished part and actual bending step
- Program library
- Operator instructions (text and icons)