UpDown bending technology
The XLTbend can be operated from the front and from the rear. With the new and double-monitoring safety system, even a front operation with UpDown bending technology is possible.
- No material flipping required
- Program controlled folding beam pendulum movement (zero setup time)
- Passing pre-bent flanges (150 mm folding beam stroke)
- Deep folding beam (perfect bending accuracy)
- Quick and easy operation. Short cycle times.
- Automatic folding sequence per station and part side
Revolutionary folding beam design
The patented “Beam-in-Beam” concept reduces the deflection of the folding beam to a minimum. This design achieves incredibly straight bends. An additional crowning axis is completely unnecessary, and the folding beam can be used as a stop in the pivoted 90 degree position. The adjustments for sheet thickness and bend radius are also performed automatically.
- Patented "Beam-in-Beam" folding beam design
- Minimum deflection of the folding beam
- Straight bend without a crowning system
- Folding beam can be used as a stop for angular parts
- No set-up times due to automatic adjustment to thickness and radius
Rigid upper beam geometry
- Very rigid geometry
- Bending area from the rear well visible
- Bending up and down
- Examples: industry (cassettes, panels, profiles)
Hybrid gauging system
Stop fingers of the hybrid gauging system position of the blank to the bend line. Suction cups hold the part in place against the fingers, so that subsequent bends can be positioned without the help or handling of an operator. The modular concept allows the choice between a rectangular gauging system or an extended T-shape gauging system.
- Hybrid gauging system eliminates misalignment (precision parts)
- Stop finger rows separately controlled (fast positioning)
- Rigid stop fingers (long-term accuracy)
- Lockable stop fingers (coil material with warped or uneven edges)
- Active squaring arm (aligning of long and narrow parts)
- Small panel improves rear access
ViN (Virtual Navigator)
The ViN (Virtual Navigator) shows the operator the exact part loading position with an intelligent laser beam. The software calculates the position of the visible edge of the blank in accordance with the actual tool setup. When working from the gauging system, smaller parts can be easily loaded at the end of the gauging table (support function).
- Laser beam shows the exact part loading position
- ViN moves along the working length under program control
- Two versions: laser only to the front or on both sides
- Loading position matches to the tool set-up (also with a multi-station setup)
- Quick and precise part loading
Universal tooling system
RAS has created a maximum free space in front of and behind the upper beam tools of the XLTbend. With tools up to 300 mm tall, the XLTbend is ready for all applications. A variety of folding beam tool are available for the smallest Z dimensions or thicker materials. Nevertheless, many users just need a single set of tools for their entire production range.
- Quick set-up, due to handy tool segments
- Automatic tool clamping
- Sharp tool (for 45 degree upper beam)
- Tool heights: 155, 200, 250 and 300 mm
- Front-free and rear-free tool geometries
- Folding beam tool widths from 6 to 18 mm
SnapTool corner tools
The SnapTool corner tools with a hinged foot automatically retract from parts with side flanges. The hinged foot moves down when the upper beam opens and snaps back into the working position as soon as the tool has moved out of the bent part.
- Automatic bending sequences: A manual rotation of the bent parts at the end of the bending cycle is not necessary
- Working from the gauging system: The bent part can be returned to the operator using the support function
- Side free space in the hinged area of the SnapTool is 30 mm
- Designed for the same sheet thickness as the other tools of the tool set
- Software calculates the SnapTool positions
One-click part programming
Where experience and expertise were formerly required for programming, this intelligence is embedded in the machine software. Either the operator on the floor or the engineer in the office directly imports STEP, DXF, or GEO files … and that is it! A simple mouse click is all that is required to program the complete setup and bend sequence automatically.
- Exact and error-free transfer of CAD data
- Automatic programming of the bending process
- No expert knowledge required
- Software suggests the best folding sequence with a 5 star ranking
- 3D simulation of the bending process
- Highest bending accuracy due to material tables
- Loading individual programs or processing job lists
- Online support via TeamViewer