DuctZipper-L: Designed for large ducts
The DuctZipper in L-shape is especifically designed for large ducts. However, it also shows benefits when it comes to small and medium size ducts. On the DuctZipper-L the working position is rotated by 45 degrees.
- The horizontal flange of the duct rests on the table
- The vertical flange directs straight up
- Gripping groves simplify holding and guiding of the duct
Halved staffing needs
On the DuctZipper-L, it requires only two operators, who can handle even large 1500 x 1500 mm duct cross sections with ease. Smaller and medium-sized ducts can be completed with a single operator.
- Horizontal machine loading with open duct sections
- Horizontal unloading of finished ducts
- Tipping of the ducts into a stable upright position after unloading
Operating speed doubled
Large ducts can be easily and quickly positioned in the DuctZipper-L. The sheet edges will be just inserted into the guide rail and clamped with the Autopilot. There are no machine support components on the DuctZipper in L-shape and therefore the seaming process can start much quicker.
- The second operator can already insert the following medium size duct
- Unloading of the first duct and clamps the next duct with the AutoPilot
- High throughput, low unit costs
Low load, high productivity
The horizontal loading and unloading of the ducts makes it completely superfluous heaving large and heavy duct cross-sections in and out of the machine.
- Workers can operate mostly in an upright posture
- Low gripping height due to the horizontal-vertical machine setup
- Low back and shoulder strain
- Less fatigue, higher productivity, less sick leave days
Consistent long-term quality
The weight of the duct presses on the machine only to a small extent.
- The reduced load leads to low wear
- Consistant long-term accuracy of the machine
- The outout table supports the AutoPilot on 2500 mm length
- Extra long ducts safely run through the DuctZipper-L
- Extra wide horizontal table support at the machine
- Stationary or moving table supports the weight of the duct
- Rear wall of the machine provides vertical support
40-50% less space required
A horizontally positioned duct on DuctZipper in L-shape requires less space than a cross-section passing vertically through the machine. In the horizontal position, the flange length of the duct determines the space, while in the V-shape of the diagonal of the duct determines the floorspace requirement. In addition, on the L-shaped DuctZipper both operators are working from the same side of the machine. This allows in small workshops positioning the machine to a wall.
Improved seaming accuracy
Due to the extended U-shaped rail at the run-in side the duct will be guided from the beginning to the very end.
- Improved seaming quality especially at the runout side of the duct
- Reduced distortion of the duct cross-section
Super tight air ducts
The SealJet additionally seals the seam joint during the run.
- Easy, fast, efficient and clean sealing of the seam joint
- Sensors starts and stop the injection process
- No additional operation steps required
- Recommended sealant: Mez-Bluemastic-Gel
- A container (25 kg) sufficient for approx. 18,000 meters seaming length
- Sealant is temperature resistant from -30°C to +160°C
- Sealant provides corrosion protection (corrosion degree 0).
- Sealant meets the latest hygiene requirements
- SealJet can be retrofitted to existing machines
As even large ducts keep their shape and do not tilt into one another, the DuctZipper-L impresses with an increased work safety.
- Even large ducts keep their shape while running through the machine
- Safe operation for the workers
- Emergency shut-off cord, if an unforeseen situation occurs
As the orientation of the rolls is tilted by 45 degrees less zinc abrasion falls on the bearing points of the forming roll. For regular cleaning the accessibility to the rolls on the DuctZipper-L has been improved.
- For cleaning front and back cover can be simply opened
- Front cover can be tilted down
- Rear cover can be easily taken off